Connect WooCommerce to Lightspeed Retail and keep inventory in sync across both systems
The Lightspeed Retail Point of Sale integration for WooCommerce enables your WooCommerce store and Lightspeed Point of Sale account to communicate and keep inventory in sync.
When a new sale comes in via your Point of Sale system, stock quantities are updated within WooCommerce. When a new order arrives via WooCommerce, your Lightspeed Retail account reflects the same inventory numbers.
This extension can handle multiple stores from your Lightspeed account. However, you must set one primary inventory source for WooCommerce.
- Tick the checkbox(es) of stores from which you want to import products.
- Tick the primary inventory store – this is the store that the plugin will use to sync inventory to and from.
- Save changes.
Import and Sync Products from Lightspeed POS
There are five actions that can be performed on products loaded from Lightspeed:
- Import & Sync – Makes the products live on your WooCommerce store and adds to the sync schedule. What does this mean? Your product is now available in WooCommerce >> Products. It is published and visible in the front end. Also, a sync link relationship is now established. The WooCommerce product and it’s Lightspeed source product are now linked to each other. The extension installs a CRON job that runs every five minutes, to ensure that items with established sync links are added to the sync list. Items are synced every 24h and additionally on these events.
- Import – Makes the product live on your WooCommerce store, but doesn’t attempt to sync it with Lightspeed later. No sync link relationship is established.
- Sync – Adds an imported product to the sync schedule only and establishes a sync link. If a product has not been imported, it cannot be synced.
- Update – Pulls all Lightspeed data and immediately updates the WooCommerce product linked to it. Caution: This will override the attributes of live products in your store!
- Delete – Removes a product from the table of loaded Lightspeed POS products.