The Google Product Feed extension allows you to create a real-time feed to supply product information to Google Merchant Center, a prerequisite for setting up Product Ads.
- Choose what fields to include, based on Google policies, and the end result is a fully automated feed containing all your product information and variations in the correct format for Google to read straight in
- Capture data required by Google but not normally within WooCommerce by using the plugin?s additional data entry fields for products and variations
- Set up information at a category level to apply to products in a specific category, or set storewide defaults that apply to all products
This extension is compatible with the Product CSV Import Suite, allowing you to bulk import product feed information against products.
The Google Product Feed extension can be installed in the same way as any other extension from WooCommerce.com.
- Download the .zip file.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Google Product Feed ? Setting up your feed in Google Merchant Centre
- Configure your Google Merchant Centre account
Before you import your feed for the first time you?ll need to make sure that you?ve set up appropriate tax and shipping settings.
If you don?t configure these before importing your feed then the import may fail due to missing shipping/tax information, so it?s easier to get these set up first.
Google will use these to apply appropriate shipping and taxes to your product ads based on the visitor that the ad is being shown to. Both of these can be found in your Google Merchant Centre account in the main left-hand navigation.
- Get your feed URL
Your feed URL is given on the plugin settings page. You can find these in your WordPress admin area by going to WooCommerce ? Settings ? Product Feeds. The feed URL appears in the Store Settings section as per the screenshot below. Make a note of this URL (http://example.com/?woocommerce_gpf=google in the screenshot below) as you?ll need it when you set up the feed in Google Merchant Centre.
Setting product data
Out of the box, the Google Product Feed extension maps as much information from your products into the feed as it can. However, you will probably need to add additional feeds or set up mappings depending on how you have your product data configured in your store, and Google?s guidelines for your target country.
- How do I send images to Google?
Links to your product images are automatically listed in the feed sent to Google. Nothing more is required.
- Does Google Product Feed support product variations?
Yes, product variations are supported.
If you enable variation support, then each variation is sent as a specific item in your feed. Variations use values from attributes where they are set, and you can provide feed-specific data when editing a variation.
- Does this plugin allow for valid Google Product Listing Adverts (PLA) to be created?
Yes. It produces a feed to load the store?s products into Google Merchant Center so PLAs can be set up. It provides data entry for all required data, which can be set at the store level, category level, or individual product where required; and supports Google?s current feed specification.
- Can I use Product CSV Import Suite to import/export values to/from Google Product Feed?
There?s full support for WooCommerce Product CSV Import Suite (separate purchase). The plugin also supports the new import/export tool in WooCommerce core version 3.1.
- Does this extension work with Google Product Ratings feed?
No, this is a different Google feed.
- Can I add a WooCommerce Booking or Subscription?
Google Product Feed is not currently compatible with WooCommerce Subscriptions or WooCommerce Bookings (separate purchases). Vote to add it on our Ideas Board: http://ideas.woocommerce.com Doing this lets our developers know what solutions customers need, and then prioritize by demand.